KANSAS CITY, MISSOURI POLICE DEPARTMENT
HUMAN RESOURCES DIVISION
901 Charlotte, Kansas City, Missouri 64106
Mailing Address: 1125 Locust, Kansas City, Missouri 64106
The following documents must be submitted before the application process can be completed; and all documents must be an Original or Certified Copy
Birth Certificate (hospital copy not accepted)
High School Diploma or G.E.D Certificates
College Degree or Certified Transcript
Photograph less than 1 year old (non returnable) (passport size). Can be uploaded
DD214-Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (long form if applicable)
Valid Identity Document (original driver's license, state-issued I.D. card with photo, etc.) or Employment Eligibility Document(original of U.S. Passport, Certificate of Naturalization or Citizenship, Alien Registration Card with photo, or unexpired Foreign Passport with attached Employment Authorization) )
Social Security Card
If you are applying for a non-sworn position, call 816-234-5400, for information before submitting an application, and at that time you will be scheduled for any test required for the position.
If you are applying to become a sworn position, call 816-234-5402 or 816-234-5408‚ for information before submitting an application‚ and at that time you will be scheduled for any test required for this position.
After an inspection of authenticity, copies of your documents will be made at the Human Resources Division and returned to you.
- If you were born in Kansas City, Missouri, a certified copy can be obtained from Vital Records, 2400 Troost, Kansas City, Missouri 64108.
- If you were born anywhere else in the U.S., a certified copy can be obtained from the Bureau of Vital Statistics in your native state's capital.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development Certificate (G.E.D)
- If you graduated from a school in the Kansas City School District, a high school transcript can be obtained from the Board of Education at 1211 McGee, Kansas City, Missouri 64106.
- If you grduated elsewhere, contact the local Board of Education in the city where your high school is located or where you obtained your G.E.D.
- If you attended any post-secondary school (Community College, four year College, trade school) please provide transcripts. These are generally available from the Registrar's Office at the school/college.
It is the policy of the Kansas City Missouri Police Department that‚ all full-time sworn and non-sworn members‚ and Reserve Officers must meet the residency requirement by obtaining a residence within 30 (air) miles of the nearest Kansas City, Missouri city limit during the full term of employment with the Department.
Sworn: -Must meet the residency requirements by the completion of their probationary period.
Non-Sworn: -Must meet the residency requirement within (9) nine months after their hire date or by the completion of their probationary period, whichever is greater.
Unless you are contacted within THREE (3) MONTHS of making this application, you may assume that no employment opportunity is available.
ANY CONVICTION OF A FELONY WILL DISQUALIFY FOR EMPLOYMENT
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Form 5494 P.D. (REV. 6-2022)