KANSAS CITY, MISSOURI POLICE DEPARTMENT
HUMAN RESOURCES DIVISION
901 Charlotte, Kansas City, Missouri 64106
The following documents must be submitted before the application process can be completed; and all documents must be an Original or Certified Copy
Birth Certificate (hospital copy not accepted)
High School Diploma or G.E.D Certificates
College Degree or Certified Transcript
Photograph less than 1 year old (non returnable) (passport size). Can be uploaded
DD214-Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (long form if applicable)
Valid Identity Document (original driver's license, state-issued I.D. card with photo, etc.) or Employment Eligibility Document(original of U.S. Passport, Certificate of Naturalization or Citizenship, Alien Registration Card with photo, or unexpired Foreign Passport with attached Employment Authorization) )
Social Security Card
If you are applying for a Civilian Position
, call 816-234-5400
and and at that time you will be scheduled for any test required for the position.
If you are applying to become a Police Officer,
After an inspection of authenticity, copies of your documents will be made at the Human Resources Division and returned to you.
- Birth Certificate
- If you were born in Kansas City, Missouri, a certified copy can be obtained from Vital Records, 2400 Troost, Kansas City, Missouri 64108.
- If you were born anywhere else in the U.S., a certified copy can be obtained from the Bureau of Vital Statistics in your native state's capital.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development Certificate (G.E.D)
- If you graduated from a school in the Kansas City School District, a high school transcript can be obtained from the Board of Education at 1211 McGee, Kansas City, Missouri 64106.
- If you grduated elsewhere, contact the local Board of Education in the city where your high school is located or where you obtained your G.E.D.
- If you are a college graduate
- If you graduated eslewhere, contact the local Board of Education in the city where your high school is located or where you obtained your G.E.D.
Law Enforcement -Must establish Kansas City, Missouri residency by completion of a six-month probationary period.
Civilian -Must establish Kansas City, Missouri residency within nine (9) months of employment.
Unless you are contacted within THREE (3) MONTHS of making this application, you may assume that no employment opportunity is available.
ANY CONVICTION OF A FELONY WILL DISQUALIFY FOR EMPLOYMENT
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Form 5494 P.D. (REV. 12-2005)